Thursday 31 December 2015

A few finishes to share for the end of the year.

I made Christmas stockings for my granddaughters, but I forgot to take pictures of them, so I'll have to post another day. 

A dear friend, Anne, asked me if I could make Christmas stockings for her two granddaughters as well. I had fun making these! I used the pattern "ThimbleBlossoms merry" by Camille Roskelley, and modified the construction using Cluck Cluck Sew's tutorial for a lined stocking as I prefer it completely finished on the inside. I stippled the red stocking and used a curvy stitch to crosshatch quilt the little bear stocking. 
I added little charms for that little extra sparkle. I used the font "Curlz MT" to make the letters, traced it onto Heat'n'Bond and raw edge stitched around the edges. I think they turned out great! 
These little softies were made for my little cuties, not for Christmas, but just because! To make the whale, I used this tutorial from I Heart Naptime, found on Craftiness is not Optional. I made the whale's tail more pointy. I just liked it that way. 'Pumpkin Pie Spice' (granddaughter 2) loves it, especially chewing on the tail, ha ha!  I found the elephant softie tutorial on the same site. 
A hint if you use silk ribbon for the elephant's tale. Tie a knot in the end to be sewn to the inside. The knot will anchor the ribbon and help prevent it from unraveling when played with and tugged by little hands. I had to re-sew the ribbon as it pulled out from the seam. Lily-Bug (granddaughter 1) loves it, too, and she likes to sleep with it! Perfect!

I love when people share their talents and post tutorials. I really appreciate it! I know I'll be visiting the Craftiness is not Optional site again. For all you grandmas with granddaughters, she's got some delightful kids pattern for sale. Adorable!

Happy New Year to everyone! Have fun, be safe and see you next year!

~Kat

No comments: