Saturday 2 February 2019

Cherry Pit Heating Bags

I made six cherry pit bags for our upcoming quilt show boutique! These are number 4 on my Q1 2019 Finish-A-Long list. My goal was to make 4! Woot!
Why use cherry pits you ask? 

Cherry pit bags can be used hot or cold. The pits have a centre (seed) inside the hard shell that has moisture and natural oil. The centre heats up and the shell holds the heat, providing a moist penetrating heat to soothe aches and pains. And, the bags can be washed by hand or on the gentle cycle in your washing machine. You can’t do that with a rice bag!
I bought 3 boxes of cherry pits back in 2012 (here's one of the bags here). I have made and gifted lots of bags, and they have been really appreciated by everyone who's received them. I used this tutorial by V and CO.These six bags have finally used up the last of my supply of cherry pits. Unfortunately, the farm/website I bought them from no longer appears to be in business.
I haven’t yet found another supplier in BC yet, but I'll keep searching. Cherry pits seem to be much more available in the US, and although they’re not cheap, the benefits are so worth the extra cost.
This is our little Bella! Have you ever seen a kitty resting their head on a table, and falling asleep? 
Happy Quilting!

~ Kat

No comments: