Thursday 2 January 2020

One Monthly Goal January 2020

Happy New Year!

My one monthly goal for January is to finish quilting and binding this Fancy Fox II quilt for my colleague’s daughter. Pattern is FANCY FOX II by Elizabeth Hartman.

My colleague wanted a quilt with animals that was nature inspired as they're an outdoorsy family, very much into camping, hiking and mountain biking. I was nervous about the colours I had chosen, so I gave her a sneak peak, something I don't usually do. She was really pleased and is looking forward to seeing the end results. Yay!
I am about 1/3 of the way through quilting it with wavy lines, but I am struggling with little puckers that are showing up.
I will persevere and hope that after a wash and crinkling, the puckers won’t be too evident. I am linking up to Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal January Link-up.

Happy stitching!

~Kat

2 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Pretty little animal face! Don't worry, you will be the only one noticing the puckers ;)

Patty said...

Cute face! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.