Saturday 6 May 2023

April 350 Blocks Report

I didn’t get a lot of blocks sewn in April even though I attended a retreat at the beginning of April (I sewed a bunch of blocks on March 31st).

I made some good progress on the Bricks and Stepping Stones quilt, but the block consists of having two sets of bricks/stepping stones sewn together, so even though the top is up on the design wall, ready to sew, they don’t count as blocks until they’re sewn into pairs. They will be counted in May’s tally 😊.

I signed up for a Zoom workshop, Geometricks, taught by Brenda Gael Smith of Serendipity Patchwork & Quilts from Australia. I really enjoyed the workshop and had fun exploring improv geometric shapes during the practice exercises. I made 22 improv blocks during the workshop. They’re actually quite fast to make and I can’t wait to continue playing/working on these (when I finish my cushions, stay focused!).

This cute block was for my guild’s Block Lotto. Darn, not a winner. 
I made one more large block but I can’t show that right now. So my total count for April is 24 blocks. The April goal was 28 blocks so I came pretty close. My year-to-date total is 358 blocks. Yay!

May’s goal is 31 blocks, and I’m off to a good start. Have a wonderful day!

Linking up to:

1 comment:

Shelly said...

That little umbrella is darling!