Friday 13 January 2023

A Little Finish and a 2 Foot High Pile of Placemats!

I made this cute little quilt back in November. It's a free pattern from Erin at The Blanket Statement. She has some really cool modern vibe patterns available for purchase as well. Be sure to check her out!

I re-drafted the cutting instructions and assembly to reduce the number of pieces from 31 to only 19 pieces. Once all the pieces were cut, it only took me 1 hour and 15-20 minutes to assemble the top! 

The fabric for the front of the quilt is from our guild's Community Quilts program, which I am having fun chairing this year. Since the front is so 'calm' I thought it needed some cheerful monkeys to brighten up the back. 

It was a super fun quilt to put together. I plan to make this pattern again, and I'm going to put together some kits for our other guild members to make for our community quilts program as well.

The next picture is not my work, but I wanted to share the amazing talent and generosity of my fellow guild members who made 220 quilted placemats for our local Meals on Wheels program this year! We are a small guild of 51 members, so this is a wonderful example of team effort! Well done, ladies :)


Linking up to: 

Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday (TGIFF)

Can I get a Whoop Whoop

Finished or Not Friday

4 comments:

Claire said...

An impressive stack of placemats! The "Hi" quilt will give pleasure to its recipient.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

HI!!! Love that - what a cute quilt!
and wow - amazing job!!!!

Leanne Parsons said...

Your quilt is fabulous and will certainly brighten someone's day, especially with those cheerful monkeys on the back! And what a fabulous stack of placemats!

Cheryll said...

And HI back at ya...