Thursday 10 January 2019

Q1 2019 Finish-A-Long List

First Quarter Goals to Finish

I have so many UFOs, I don’t even know where to begin! This is my first time participating in a Finish-A-Long, so I hope I can figure it out and that it will help me stay focused and motivated to complete some of these projects! Realistically, I know there is no way I will get anywhere near finished, but it will be fun to see what I can get done!

Since we have a quilt show coming up in April, my number one goal is to finish at least one quilt for the show and to make some items for the boutique. It would be a huge accomplishment if I could manage to finish two quilts!

Here goes!

1. Coffee Quilt



This quilt was started at a guild workshop taught by 2012, I think, eek! The top is finished, but it’s been soooo long since I’ve looked at it that I don’t know if it needs another border added Or not. Once I figure that out, I'll need to piece the backing and get this bad boy to the long-armer (scheduled for the end of January!!). This one’s too big for me to tackle and I want to put it in the quilt show in April.

2. Baby Bento Box



This is also my OMG for January. Posted here.

This baby quilt has been half-quilted for-ever! I think my colleague’s granddaughter is turning three very soon, or maybe she’s turning four?! I need to finish this ASAP!

3. Crabapple Scrappy Quilt


From Bonnie K. Hunter’s book “Adventures with Leaders and Enders”. (I misplaced the book and so I had to ask my friend for the setting triangle measurements so I can figure out how to finish this one!)

4. Heart Pillows for Cardiac Patients


One of our guild members is coordinating a community project to sew heart pillows for a local hospital. These pillows are given to heart patients after surgery as a keepsake and the pillow is also used to help in their recovery. (Goal is 10 pillows)

5. Baby Girl Quilt and 6. Baby Boy Quilt


The blocks are all pieced. They need to be sewn together, sandwiched, quilted and bound (for two coworkers). The furry culprits who messed up my layout are nowhere to be found!

7. Apron - make another apron like this one. It turned out so cute, I want to make another one.


Using these fabrics:


And for the quilt show boutique:

8. Reversible children’s apron (goal is 2) - Using this tutorial by Leila Gardunia on Moda Bake Shop

9. Key fobs (goal is 6) - I have the supplies, I just forgot to take took a picture.


10. Wool Felted Soaps (goal is 12) 


You can see a finished sample on the top of the wool pile above. I just need to wait for the soap to go on sale.

11. Credit/gift card wallets (goal is 6)


I can only show you this very well worn version I still use and made about a zillion years ago at our LQS. They offered free sewing demos to try out their sewing machines and this was a Make and Take. I’ve made a lot since, but given them all away. I want to try them with some cork fabric!

12. Cherry pit heating bags (goal is 4)


I made some of these for a previous show and they sold really well. (And to answer your question, no we did not eat all the cherries and spit the pits! Ha! I ordered these from a cherry farm from the sunny Okanagan, BC. I use this tutorial by Martha Stewart.

13. Bunny treat bags (goal is 6)


I'll be trying this tutorial and using some of these yummy fabrics!

14. Carrot treat bags (goal is 6)


I'll be trying this tutorial and some of these fabrics, I think!

15. Clothesline bowl or trivets (goal is 1 to 3)


Linking up with the 2019 Quarter 1 Finish along at Sew of Course.

finishalong logo 125px
#2019FALQ1sewofcourse

Happy quilting!

~Kat

2 comments:

Karin said...

Wow...quite a list! Love the baby quilt with the little chicks. Have done a similar quilt with that colouring. This will be worth the wait.

Nicole said...

Hello sort of neighbour! I'm in Victoria.

Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2019 global FAL hosts.

Good luck getting these done.
Nicole, Handwrought Quilts