Sunday 6 January 2019

RSC 19 January Red Scraps

I spent a few hours with my niece, as she is making a quilt for her friend’s birthday. I can’t show any pictures yet. I cut, she sewed, and we had a great time catching up and sharing some laughs.

After she left, I pulled out my red scrap drawer and started sorting and ironing.


I’ve decided I’m going to make another spiderweb quilt using Bonnie Hunter’s free pattern on Quiltville.com, except I’m going to make each web using one colour. I have been so inspired by looking at many of the RSC finishes, where the blocks and quilts are “controlled” scrappy and I just love how they look!

I managed to sew one web and I’ll probably make another red web as I don’t have as much variety of red scraps as I thought. Some of the scraps are large enough to cut bricks and other useful sizes, so I’ll work on cutting them up and working on a few more scrap blocks this week.


My first time linking up for Scraphappy Saturday atRainbow Scrap Challenge and Oh Scrap! on Sunday. Be sure to check out all of the wonderful projects that everyone is sharing! 

Happy quilting!

~Kat

4 comments:

scraphappy said...

Beautiful block. Such a great plan for your quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Welcome to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Kat!! I find SEW much pleasure working through the colors of the RSC. Looking forward to seeing how your project grows!

Kat P said...

Thanks so much!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Red is a hard color to get some contrast. I love this concept and can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!