Wednesday 30 January 2019

Secret Santa Present

I can't believe it's almost February?! How has the time flown by so fast?!

One of my colleagues is taking art classes, learning how to paint and draw. She has shared her paintings and drawings with me, and I just love how passionate and enthusiastic she is about it. I mentioned how much I liked a painting she did of a sunflower, and she gave it to me. I have it hanging in my office at work. I love it!

We have a Secret Santa exchange in our office each year, and I was lucky enough to pick her name! I was so excited as I knew exactly what I wanted to make for her! A bag to carry her art projects and supplies and I had just the right fabric for the bag lining in my stash. Her sister also works at our organization, so I asked what her sister's favourite colour was. Purple/Amethyst. Yes!
I wanted to make the bag extra special, so I searched online for a quilt block pattern featuring a paint brush and found this pattern designed by Soma Acharya of ShopWhimsAndFancies on Etsy. Could it be any more perfect?!
I used the Newport Tote pattern by Lazy Girl Designs. I have probably made this bag three or four times before, but I've never actually made one for myself. Hmm, I will have to rectify that one day!
Of course, I couldn't resist buying this print featuring tubes of oil paint when I saw it! Ha!
The bag turned out fabulous, and she just loved it!

~Happy Quilting!

Kat
Linking up with: 











3 comments:

PaintedThread said...

I can see why she loves the bag. It's fabulous!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a cute bag! I can see why she loved it, thanks for sharing!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Of course, she loved it! It's AWESOME!!!