Saturday 19 January 2019

RSC 19 January Red Scraps - Week 3

Happy Saturday!

It’s been a busy week at work, and I’ve had bootcamp, running and yoga three nights this week, but I have managed to squeeze in a bit of fabric play!

I was able salvage part of the block I cut into last week. I took the block apart, and added the whole section to a new web section. All is not lost!

I have an idea percolating for the spiderwebs, and I am thinking a rainbow string border might be fun. So I pieced some string blocks. We’ll see. 



I cut some of the bigger scraps into useable block sizes using Bonnie K Hunter’s Scrap Users Systems. I don’t want to make them into orphan blocks, so it’s better to add them to my organized sizes. I’ll use them eventually!



My red scraps are really shrinking! I’m excited at the progress! 

Here’s an outtake! Furbabe helpers! Haha!





4 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I agree with the Furbabe. That is going to make a lovely quilt!!

gayle said...

Looks like you've got those red scraps well in hand! I'm looking forward to seeing you spiderwebs!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I am so intrigued by your spider web quilt. I can't wait to see it come together. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Ellen said...

I love what you are doing with your spiderwebs!