Wednesday 2 January 2019

First Finish for 2019!

My daughter mentioned that when she is cleaning up the house, chasing after two toddlers, she is contstantly picking up after them, toys, socks and the like, and shoving these in her pockets to put away later.

She said, “I need something with pockets. I know this sounds silly, but I need an apron I can wear around the house with pockets for holding all these little bits and pieces.”

I knew just the thing! I recently purchased the book, Make It, Take It by Krista Hennebury of Poppyprint. It has a pattern for the cutest Crafter’s Retreat Apron. I knew it would be exactly what my daughter needed!


I used denim for the apron body and a single Cotton and Steel apple print for the pockets, rather than piecing it. The original pattern has the pocket divided into a number of smaller sections to hold sewing related items. I decided to make three larger pockets to hold larger items and toys.


The pattern is very easy to follow and includes some cute details, like a loop to hold your glasses and a swivel clasp. I figured these might come in handy for other household items, too.


I hope she likes it!


Happy quilting!

~ Kat


2 comments:

Terry said...

Very nice.

SandyPA said...

That apron is a great idea for moms of little ones! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com