Tuesday 11 April 2023

To-Do Tuesday #10 (April 11 - 17)

 Just a quick check-in today as the week seems half-gone already, Easter weekend busy with a family dinner, and a surprise visit/overnight stay last night (ok, she called me on Friday, LOL)  from my sister and brother-in-law returning from a trip to Vancouver Island.

Last week, I attended a two-day workshop called Branching Out – Nature’s Threadwork with Susan J. Jensen. It was a lot of fun and Sue showed us examples and we tried many new techniques. My samples do not do her teaching justice. She is wonderfully patient, encouraging, and inspiring. Her art quilts are just stunning and so realistic. I look forward to playing and practicing what we learned. What was especially wonderful about the class, is that she provided all the materials needed for each technique she taught, so you didn’t have to go out and buy packages of this and that, or discover that the fabric you brought wasn’t going to work. And she provides wonderful handouts with pictures included for reference. So worth the price of admission. ๐Ÿ˜Š These were just a few of the techniques. Go check out her page to see her beautiful art quilts,


I’m getting ready/gathering up stuff for tonight’s guild meeting, so here’s my progress on last week’s To-Do list:

  • #1 Priority - Finish making quilt top and complete tutorial for upcoming guest blog post for Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge 2023 at Confessions of a Fabric Addict  (my first ever guest blog post!) Done! Whew! It was so fun to put this post together, and I’ve received some lovely comments. I’m looking forward to getting the bright quilt top sewn together so I can bring it out to the Coordinator for the Victoria’s Quilts Canada’s Friends Group whom I met at the March retreat.
  • Make and sew hanging sleeves on two quilts for our local fair (Thursday) Not done.
  • Sew two embroideries into pillows for a lady who contacted our guild for help. Not done.
  • Sew ironing board cover for local theatre. Not done.
Such a busy week, with not a lot of time for stitching.๐Ÿ˜“

My calendar is pretty full this week, with ‘stuff’ going on every day, but I am going to a guild sew day on Thursday, so I hope to accomplish some sewing there. 

To-Do list #10 (April 11 - 18) sounds awfully familiar, ha! 
  • Sew two embroideries into pillows for a lady who contacted our guild for help. 
  • Sew ironing board cover for local theatre. Fabric is washed and ready to go.
  • Make and sew hanging sleeves on two quilts for our local fair office.
  • Keep sewing the pink/grey blocks (I am up to 60, I need a total of 80 blocks)
Now off to the races!


4 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kat your workshop sounds like fun,you have been very busy,well done,hope you have a lovely day ๐ŸŒน๐Ÿค๐ŸŒน

Cheree @ The Morning Latte said...

I kinda dread the weeks that are full of "stuff". Hope yours goes as well as possible! (That lady's embroidery is just beautiful!)

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hi Kat, you have lovely projects on the go, always something stitchy to look forward to. Love that embroidery. And, my goodness, that workshop sounds interesting.I'm off the check out Susan's work, thanks for the link. Happy Stitching!

Carol Andrews said...

Kat I think you did great on your last week's list with Easter, family and a class! looks like the class was great fun and a good learning experience. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. I hope you had lots of fun moving projects along this week.