Monday 3 April 2023

April One Monthly Goal

I am participating in Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal challenge, and so far I have succeeded in competing January's OMG (blogged here) and March's OMG (blogged here) so the motivation is really helping me to work towards the goal (most of the time 😉), and get it done!

My April OMG is not a quilting project, but a sewing project I have been putting off since last summer. I really, really, really need to finish making the cushion covers for our outdoor furniture. 

I cursed and complained my way through the frustration of making the first cushion and then I was sooo done I told my husband that was it. I wasn't making any more. It actually turned out pretty good in the end. 

I have all the pieces cut out for the rest of the cushions (7), and I made the gazillion feet of piping, so it's just a matter of committing and pushing myself to get them done so we can enjoy them when the weather gets warmer.

I will have to dig the fabric out from under the pile first, 😅.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Now I can't wait to see them done. Beautiful fabric!

Babette said...

I understand not wanting to make cushions. My recent cushions were a "must do", not want to do. But they are so worth it in the end. I found it easier to make several at a time. I would do three or four with the same step all at the same time. And when I could I used them as leaders and enders for each other. Looking forward to seeing your finished pictures.

Anne-Marie said...

Those have-to-do projects are not very fun, but I always feel like a giant weight has been lifted after I complete one. Good luck!