Wednesday 15 February 2023

To-Do Tuesday #2 (on a Wednesday?)

I am late posting for To-Do Tuesday, but what the heck. That's they way it goes. 

I’ve made some progress on last week's list!

My goals for last week:

  • Sort out pink scraps from red/pink bin for RSC blocks ✅ 
  • Iron pink scraps - In progress
  • Sew more 16-patches with scrappy 2 1/2” pink and gray strips (until I run out of scraps) I got more blocks sewn, but I have lots more to sew.
  • Cut fabric for Zipper blocks for retreat - I got started cutting 2 1/2” pink prints (I’m making blocks that will finish 8” x 12”)

  • Vacuum sewing room floor 😆. This needs to be done before the next task!! ✅ 
  • Iron extra-wide backing for guild raffle quilt ✅ 
  • Prepare binding for raffle quilt - Not done
  • Take raffle quilt to long armer ✅ 
  • Sew together Scrap Snapper quilt top - my OMG I only managed to get two columns sewn together. 
I also put together a backing for a guild community quilt.
Made a Celtic Twist block for our guild's Block Lotto.
Sewed a border onto another community quilt top (sorry, no pic) and delivered three quilt tops, backings and a roll of batting to a wonderful lady in our guild who long arm quilts most, if not all of our large donation quilts. And, I had tea and a wonderful visit with her as well! She sent me home with several quilts she had already done, ready for binding and labels, so I’ll add some of those to this week’s to do list.

This week's To-Do List:
  • Sew together Scrap Snapper quilt top - my OMG
  • Choose backing for Scrap Snapper quilt
  • Prepare binding and make label for raffle quilt
  • Iron pink scraps
  • Keep sewing 16-patches with scrappy 2 1/2” pink and gray strips (until I run out of scraps)
  • Keep cutting fabric for Zipper blocks for retreat 
  • Sew bindings on at least two guild community quilts
Linking up to:

5 comments:

Terry van der est said...

You’re keeping busy!

Rose Anne B said...

OMGG you said I kept busy! HAH!!!

Anonymous said...

WTG Kat, lots of sew time! 🧵🪡✂️

Carol Andrews said...

Great job on your list last week Kat! It's so much fun to see all of your pretty projects. Definitely a month for pink. Hope this week is going as well for you. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You had a busy PINK week last week! Sorry I'm SEW late to comment. When is your retreat?