Tuesday 21 February 2023

To-Do Tuesday #3 and a Flimsy!

I definitely think making a list and posting it to my blog is helping me. I can misplace a hand-written list, but the blog is always handy. 😊

Here’s a look at my progress on last week’s list:

  • Sew together Scrap Snapper quilt top Its all pressed, and stay-stitched, too (lots of seams on the edge).

  • Choose backing for Scrap Snapper quiltI still need to do this.
  • Prepare binding and make label for raffle quilt ✅ I made a 6 inch Bento Box block to add to the label.

  • Iron pink scraps - Some progress this week
  • Keep sewing 16-patches with scrappy 2 1/2” pink and gray strips (until I run out of scraps) I've finished five blocks, and have 10 more pinned to sew. To be continued...
  • Keep cutting fabric for Zipper blocks for retreat - No progress. 
  • Sew bindings on at least two guild community quilts - I finished binding one quilt.
I knew this was going to be a push to do, so I did what any smarty-pants quilter would do. I picked the smallest quilts in the pile 😁. I have a container overflowing with bits of left-over bindings. 
I looked through it and found the perfect colourful binding made up of strips of yellow, orange, green, red and blue. It was leftover from a topsy turvy quilt I made a few years ago. The piece wasn't quite long enough, so I dug some more and found another piece that used the same blue. Pardon the lousy picture. 

I joined them together and bound the quilt. And this is what is left of the binding! Talk about playing binding chicken. Whew!  
Since I did not make the quilt, I'm just sharing a picture of the binding.

And on top of the list, I also wrote a tutorial for making a 12 inch Bento Box block and provided cutting instructions to make a 6 inch Bento Box block.  So I am happy about that. 

This week's To-Do List:
  • Choose backing for Scrap Snapper quilt 
  • Make binding and label for Scrap Snapper
  • Sandwich, quilt, bind and label Scrap Snapper (my February OMG) #1 priority
  • Keep sewing 16-patches with scrappy 2 1/2” pink and gray strips (until I run out of scraps)
  • Keep cutting fabric for Zipper blocks for retreat
  • Sew bindings on at least two guild community quilts
  • Gather supplies for some Taggie blankets (a guild initiative) to take to sew at retreat
Linking up to: 

My Quilt Infatuation NTT 

 

No comments: