Wednesday 1 February 2023

February One Monthly Goal

My One Monthly Goal for February is to finish this Snap Scrap Quilt that's been pinned to my design wall for a long, long time. I searched my pictures and I started this back in July 2020! Oh, my! See it hiding behind my January OMG? 😉 Sorry for the lousy picture.


I loved this pattern so much that I asked my quilty friends if they wanted to play along and swap fabric sets to get some variety. We each chose two colours and then cut a set of the colour for each of our friends.

My colours were yellow and purple

It was great because we could play along with a pal who had moved across the country. She mailed her fabrics out to me and then the local gals got together outside with masks on (remember the early days of Covid). It was so fun to meet up to swap our fabric sets, see all the different fabrics that others had shared and to catch up with one another.

I started cutting colour block sets for three (or four, Eep, I can't remember!) more quilts with the intent to make one for each grandchild (since then, I now have five grands, LOL). These will be a work in progress. For now, I want to get the first quilt top assembled, quilted, and ready to cuddle. 

You can find the free Scrap Snap pattern (it is super fun and easy to make) on Kari V's Quilts for the Making blog here http://quiltsforthemaking.blogspot.com/2020/01/my-plan-whats-yours.html

I am linking up to Elm Street Quilts February One Monthly Goal

3 comments:

Karin said...

What a beautiful quilt! I clicked through to the link and it looks like an awesome pattern! Good luck finishing!

Susan said...

Thanks forbthe link. Love the pattern, better hurry or there'll be 6! LOL

Anne-Marie said...

What a fun project!